About Store Forum Documentation Contact

new game
Shckr57 Offline

new game
so im currently working on the framework and planning everything out, and i am about to go into the stage of making the maps. but, one of the big parts of the game, will be the kinda large maps, and non-linear gameplay. i think i have finally settled on using this engine, but like the other thread, large maps would require insane amounts of work. what would be the easiest way to get say just a base terrain layout.

i am trying to make it so more of a, get these several objective accomplished then get to end point. but instead of making it so you must follow a direct path, or only be able to choose say around left side or right side of building, have maybe 3 to 5 ways to get to and or accomplish each objective. one trick i might use is to not tell the "player" exactly what to do, just the results needed to win.

im not trying to make it hard, as give more choices. and this is why im stuck on the actual trying to make the maps lol. any help would be appreciated
02-15-2011 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: new game
You didn't really specify a question, but making your big map in the world editor would actually not be that hard. You would just have to place your assets in it and position them to your liking, build it and test it, then save it and load it in your game.
02-16-2011 03:00 AM
Tottel Offline

For your basic terrain lay-out, you could simply import a heightmap, generated from a program such as L3DT.
05-24-2011 09:33 AM
Demi Offline

I agree with Tottel. I use L3DT and making insanely large worlds is not an issue. I have a basic terrain right now that spans 32K pixels square.
05-25-2011 03:19 AM