About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor
fatcoder Offline

Code Editor
I tried to post this in the original Code Editor thread we had going not so long ago, but it didn't work... guess there is something wrong with that thread.

Anyway, just had another play with the code editor and was wondering if you could limit the autocomplete list to only those options that can be used as a method's parameter where possible?

For example, D.ambNormal takes one parameter of type Bool. So if you wanted to enter "true" and you start typing the "t" you get an autocomplete list of everything starting with t. Because the type is a Bool, the editor should only show true (or false) in the autocomplete list.

Maybe you can do the same with enums too?

Also, the editor doesn't ask you to save changes before closing the window, which could result in a lot of lost code if you accidently closed the window.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 01:38 AM by fatcoder.)
03-13-2011 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Code Editor
I've replied to you in that post. Yes I'll add asking for saving changes on exit
03-13-2011 08:21 AM
fatcoder Offline

But the other thread doesn't work anymore... I think ever since you deleted all those posts from it, it has stopped working correctly. It no longer displays anyones replies to it. That's why I started this new thread. Care to post your reply here so we can see it?
03-13-2011 03:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:No, its not only true or false. You can get bool from many things. Like "bool func()" "class X{bool member;}" there are many combinations. For example "namespace.class.static_obj.asBool()"
03-13-2011 05:03 PM
fatcoder Offline

Ah good point... I forgot about that.
03-13-2011 10:41 PM
fatcoder Offline

Couple more suggests...
(p.s. I don't actually use the code editor, so my ideas may be no good).

1. Can you make the text bigger in the left column (where the es files are listed). It is hard to read them. The column could also be a little bit wider too (or adjustable) to allow for longer file names when the text is made bigger.

2. Can there be an option to delete an es file. There is a remove option, but that just removes it from the editor. Sometimes you want to delete a file completely.

3. It would be a good idea to remove the options to edit the Esenthel Engine folder (and all the folders and files in it). i.e. disable the right click menu on it and everything in it to prevent people from accidently modifying it (or deleting something). If possible you could also make all the es files in there read-only. So when you open them you can't type on them or change them.
03-20-2011 01:45 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

2. ok
3. this already works like that, does it work differently for you?
03-20-2011 12:00 PM
fatcoder Offline

Oh sorry, yes you are right. The menu comes up when you right click on a file, which made me think I could remove the file. I didn't actually trying removing it to see that it doesn't work. Perhaps it would be better to disable the right click menu completely for those folders and files.
03-20-2011 12:10 PM