About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Volumetric cloud, pathfinding, and camera question (s).
Sarora Offline

Volumetric cloud, pathfinding, and camera question (s).
Lets see if i can explain myself good enough smile

1) The volumetric cloud sample (adv...\21 - Object Clouds.cpp) seems overkill for a sample, as it contains a "editor" like thing, is it possible to get a simple "howto" render and load volumetric clouds without the UI things (cooked down simple sample) ?

2) How would one go about putting up a "diablo 3" like camera system ?

I check around a bit in the samples, it seems i need a Orthographic (like when i enable Orthogonal inside world edit) camera (for making cells same size), with right distance and hight and angle (35 or 45 degree, i cant remember wich diablo 2/3 uses).

Camera sample i found only had first, third and isometric camera functions.

3) The Pathfind.cpp file seems a bit rough, so the character sometimes stands around turning, twiching around, even if its in a streight line without anything blocking it, any fixes for that ?

Had one question more, but, i forgot it lol :E

If i remember, ill ask it smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
07-02-2009 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Volumetric cloud, pathfinding, and camera question (s).
1) you can use only the functions which are called using the "Load" button
2) you can use setSpherical function, and at program start just decrease the viewport 'fov' field of view, which will give you orthographic feeling
3) you can always implement pathfidning by yourself (I'm a little busy with World Editor now), you can access world walkable spaces (check tutorial game basics\pathfinding and press space)
07-03-2009 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Thanks smile

But ive been playing around with ViewportActive.fov = DegToRad(180); and other settings, and nothing apparently happening.

The code for the world editor (Orthographic) seems to be what i need, but i cannot reproduce it

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
07-03-2009 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

there is a tutorial on setting viewports, you should call a method after setting your custom values ('set' but I dont remember correctly)

If you want to change the viewport setting for the entire game then you can just set 'ViewportFull.fov=DegToRad(30)' in InitPre(), there you don't have to call the method

and DegToRad(180) is an invalid value for the fov

full orthographic mode isn't supported with some of the shaders because it would make them work slower, so you can just set a very low 'fov' value which will look the same
07-04-2009 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

That worked, awesome, thank you smile

As i have multiple scenes, i use this to do it (as you talked about .set)

ViewportFull.fov = DegToRad(30);
ViewportFull.set(NULL); // null as cam, i already set it

Seems to work like a charm.

07-04-2009 01:45 PM