About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Billboards and fog
Harry Offline

Billboards and fog
Is there any chance that the fog will have also the influence on the billboards/planes?
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2011 10:58 AM by Harry.)
06-26-2011 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Billboards and fog
What do you mean by billboards? Particles?
06-26-2011 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

I meant billboards which we can generate as LOD but when I look closer I think that fog have the influence on it (I have low LOD distance for trees). Anyway I have on some models flat planes with textures and when fog is active I think that they are too bright/visible than another parts of model. You can see it in screen below or here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TaAcHUcZA at 1:56.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

06-27-2011 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Can you send me 1 model which looks incorrectly for you?
06-27-2011 12:02 PM
Harry Offline

Sent it on PM.
06-27-2011 12:09 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

what about textures and materials?
06-28-2011 01:02 PM
Harry Offline

Well I looke closer into it and it's only when material has set Blend Light Tech.
06-28-2011 01:18 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I meant that I need those files
06-29-2011 11:08 AM
Harry Offline

Ok, I didn't send it to you earlier because I thougth that this info will be enough smile
06-29-2011 04:43 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've tested the building in WE game mode, and I don't have this problem (DX9/DX10, deferred/forward/simple renderers)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

06-30-2011 12:39 PM
Harry Offline

I'm not sure but in WE you use Sky.frac and Sky.atmosphericDensityExponent? Please try FogDraw function. I use this one and on both render mode - RM_CLOUD and RM_BLEND I have this issue. Is this because of some limitations of local fog?
06-30-2011 03:51 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please don't use FogDraw on both rendering modes RM_CLOUD and RM_BLEND (but only one) - you're rendering it twice

FogDraw will not affect blended meshes - it's impossible. so if you want smooth fog for blended meshes use either sky fog (Sky.frac and Sky.atmosphericDensityExponent) or global 'Fog'
07-01-2011 10:52 AM
Harry Offline

Ok, thanks. I'll change my codes.
07-01-2011 11:16 AM