About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
178$/mo

Esenthel Script version of MMO Code
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Esenthel Script version of MMO Code
Is there an Esenthel Script version of the MMO code available?

www.thinkplaystudios.com
08-09-2011 05:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel Script version of MMO Code
nope, although Ineisis Lite will be in Esenthel Script only (once it's released)
08-11-2011 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kulesz Offline

Well, because ES won't compile directly in VC and needs a lot of changes to work, I have a question regarding your support of a native C++ code structure. Shall I expect, that most of future tutorials/codes/etc. will be released only for ES?
08-11-2011 02:00 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Not all
08-11-2011 03:20 PM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Question about the MMO server code: Is the SDK cpp and header files more updated (newer) than what comes downloaded in the MMO server code? If so, can I use the the SDK base code (the H filter folder contents) and replace whats in the MMO server?

www.thinkplaystudios.com
08-14-2011 01:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Sorry? What headers do you mean? Esenthel mmo doesn't contain any sdk ee headers
08-14-2011 09:26 AM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

The tutorials have all the .h files are arranged very cleanly and looks more complete. Is the MMO server as updated as the SDK .h files? I guess what I don't understand is how the MMO server code gets updated. Does the Autoupdate update affect the MMO server code outside of updating the dependencies used by visual studio? Looking at the tutorials SDK, it looks like it is better to start a new project with than starting with the MMO server code.

If I want to use the MMO server as the foundation for a new project, do you suggest just copying it as a new project, or start with a copy of the tutorials and just refer to the MMO code for reference?

www.thinkplaystudios.com
08-14-2011 03:05 PM
Zervox Offline

The MMO source code is updated now and then, he mentions it in the version history, and then you will have to redownload the source files from within the source code part of the forum for us who are licensed developers.
08-14-2011 03:10 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes. as Zervox said you need to download them manually (if I mention about it in version history, Esenthel MMO is updated very rarely), Autoupdate doesn't perform anything on things you download manually, Autoupdate only affects SDK folder, and EE headers inside Visual Studio include folders
08-14-2011 03:25 PM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Ahh great. So the autoupdate includes the header files under the VS include folders. So it doesn't matter whether I start with the tutorial files or the EE MMO files. I just liked how well organized the tutorial files are smile

www.thinkplaystudios.com
08-14-2011 03:34 PM