About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Black Sun
EthanC Offline

Black Sun
This just started yesterday and I've no clue how. It's happening in both the client and world editor. There appears to be a problem with the sun texture although said texture hasn't changed at all. I even swapped in different textures and they all gave the same result, albeit a slightly different shape.

I've found if I turn off high-precision RTs the problem goes away, however that kills the wonderful reflection of light on surfaces which isn't an option.

11-10-2011 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EthanC Offline

RE: Black Sun
Anyone?
11-11-2011 10:23 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

do the sun work ok in the Editor for you?
Are you using default 'Sun' object, or some manual drawing?
what config are you using ? dx9/dx10+/mac
what gpu are you using?

maybe you've made some bug in your drawing codes which affects the sun.

I've checked and the sun works fine for me in the Editor on dx9 and dx10+ with hprt on and off

if you have problems with the sun also in the editor, can you extract clean SDK, run world editor, change HighPrecRT to true, and see how it goes?
At what point are you starting to have the issues?

also check this : http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=2862
11-11-2011 08:16 PM
EthanC Offline

The sun looks like that both in the editor and in the game.
It does it in the 64 editor and the regular (DX9) editor, in fact the only place it doesn't do it is the DX10+ editor.

In the environment options for sun i left it at CUSTOM with the default values and sun image.

Like Is aid it works fine in the DX10 editor, but not the 64 editor that i use and not in the game, which is strange.

We aren't using any custom drawing or anything like that I know about.
11-12-2011 07:16 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

Have you tried just creating a new gfx file all together? Sometimes if the gfx file gets corrupted or lost it will appear black (for any texture)
11-12-2011 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EthanC Offline

I've tried other GFX files, same result. Besides if it were just the GFX file it wouldn't show fine in one editor version and not in the others.
11-12-2011 08:09 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. if you make clean extract of EsenthelEngineSDK.7z to new place on HDD.
2. Open the Editor.exe (DX9)
3. rotate camera to see the sun,

1. do you already have black sun, or do you need to enable High Precision Render Targets to see black sun? (is that all the steps you need to follow in order to get the error? or something else?)
2. did you try updating your GPU drivers?
3. what GPU do you have?
4. since when exactly are you having this problem? (since you've updated SDK? which version are you using? do you remember other SDK version that didn't have this problem?)
11-12-2011 03:18 PM