About Store Forum Documentation Contact

L3dT
Sarrene Offline

L3dT
I was wondering if anyone here has used L3dT at all and if so, how was the import for you? I hve L3dT and I love it, so I am hoping I will be able to import my terrain into Esenthel. Thoughts?

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-11-2009 06:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarrene Offline

Re: L3dT
I thought while talking to a nice gent here that I aught to post up a link for the L3dt. One of the benefits is not only the creation of terrains but also the map generations it does.... From heightfield to texture maps. If able to port in and do the rest of the work in esenthel, I think that would be great.

Here is the link: http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/
Here are a few pictures I had done in the past... First one is the texture map, the second is the actual terrain in Sapphire with real time editing.
10-12-2009 09:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xhizors Offline

If you can get your height map to .bmp from L3DT and you already got the texture map for it. Then you can just use the import function in the world editor and everything should work out just fine. smile
10-12-2009 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarrene Offline

Oh, that is cool.. i will have to test that out and see grin Thank you so much!!!
10-12-2009 12:44 PM
Sarrene Offline

Is there a way that the esenthel engine can support 16-bit or 32-bit RAW import? Having artifact issues when importing it as a bmp.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-12-2009 11:25 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please send me a sample of the 16-bit 32-bit file so I can see what it looks like
10-13-2009 12:43 AM
Sarrene Offline

Okay, sounds good.. L3dt does have a free version, though it is limited in terrain size. This can be found here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard.php">http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard.php</a><!-- m -->

I am not sure if that would help or not. I will be sending you the file though in just a few.

Thank you so much!
Peace,
Sarrene'
10-13-2009 12:51 AM
Sarrene Offline

Oh, i almost forgot.. what email do I use?
10-13-2009 12:55 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thanks, I've received the files, I'll check them when I'll find some time for that
10-13-2009 01:13 AM
Sarrene Offline

That is great. I am glad. Do not worry about rushing to this, I do understand that there is a lot to do here and a lot of requests. I am just happy that perhaps this can work out and others can use this tool as well along with this engine.

Thank you so much for such great support and the best indie engine i have tested and payed for. So nice.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-13-2009 01:43 AM
Mikesanimation Offline

RE: L3dT
Any progress on this? I too am interested in importing terrain from L3DT
12-21-2009 07:52 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I recall that I checked the files but I haven't found any information on 16-bit heightmaps, so I didnt touch it yet. but I havent forgotten about this, will try later.
12-21-2009 07:26 PM
Mikesanimation Offline

Ok, thanks.
12-21-2009 08:39 PM