About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scaling
ICON Offline

Scaling
I have a couple questions or concerns.

Question 1
I was making some walls with the default wall and noticed when I scale a was model in the engine it loos good in the edit window but when I compile and play if I scale long it will go in all directions the same way. Even is I only change 1 of the 3 values.

Example 10.837, 1.000, 1.000 looks good in the editor but when i compile and play it shows the object scaled like 10.837, 10.837, 10.837 Even know the info is correct and shows right in the editor and not in play mode. Is there a fix for this or do I have to make all my walls the size i need them in max and have multi walls? or objects for that matter? I mean the ability to scale would be nice if I can get them to scale the correct size.

Question 2
This is a ability question,
Since the editor / engine has the model editor built in has anyone making a MMO had the success in making custom char building?
Like when the player makes there char they can edit all features of the char raise or shrink shoulder chest legs thickness and length. Basically the ability to modify the char in any shape or forum they want based on a basic model. I know the game Aion on the cry engine has a really advanced version of this and as most of us know a draw to a player is how custom they can make there own toons.

I thank you in advanced for the answers to these questions if anyone can help me with these to different things.
10-18-2012 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Scaling
1. please use latest SDK, then use either "terrain" access mode, or "static/kinematic" game object types for your object.
10-18-2012 09:56 PM
ICON Offline

RE: Scaling
yes that has fixed my problem with question one. Thank you for the fast reply.

About question 2 And help on that?
10-18-2012 11:36 PM