About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo



Post Reply 
Bad colors when fullscreen mode
Author Message
Harry Offline
Member

Post: #1
Bad colors when fullscreen mode
Hi,

When I build my project with Release Configuration and then run it in fullscreen mode everything is drawed with bad colors - instead of for example gray color I have green, black, blue and sometimes pink. On screenshot and when I turn off fullscreen everything looks ok. I have the latest ATI drivers. Tutorials seems to work ok.

http://i46.tinypic.com/swz4w8.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/21azi90.jpg
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 06:18 PM by Harry.)
12-27-2012 06:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Post: #2
RE: Bad colors when fullscreen mode
Hello,

This does look like GPU driver bug.
What is your system config?

Does the problem no longer occur when you use debug code?
12-29-2012 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline
Member

Post: #3
RE: Bad colors when fullscreen mode
Windows 7 64-bit,
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.6 GHz,
4 GB RAM DDR3-1333 MHz,
AMD Radeon HD5770 overclocked by default

It happens only on Release and Release DX10+ configuration. In debug it works ok.
12-29-2012 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Post: #4
RE: Bad colors when fullscreen mode
perhaps in release mode you have higher fps and gpu usage, and it can't handle so much workload and artifacts appear.
or you have some bug in the codes which affects the game only in release config.
I advise to do more testing (comment out some codes, or add Time.wait(10) or 100 inside game loop to check if reducing workload on gpu helps with the issue)
12-30-2012 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline
Member

Post: #5
RE: Bad colors when fullscreen mode
I checked it more precisely and I found that I had bad EE library in Release DX9 Configuration (EsenthelEngineDX10+.lib instead of EsenthelEngine.lib). When I changed it, project compiled with Release configuration works ok. Problem is still on Release DX10+ configuration even with Time.wait inside main loop. I didn't wrote it before because I didn't need it but this problem when I have artifacts on Release DX10+ mode I also had about year ago. I'll try comment some codes as you wrote and check if it helps.

EDIT: When I'll comment Gui.update() there are no artifacts, but probably after even one call of Gui.update() artifacts is present during all app life.
12-30-2012 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply