About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Fate of Lysian (Update #6) Dragon
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #3)
I love borderlands...great game. thanks for for the kind words. I see that you are trying to work on a medieval inspired MMO. Maybe we will do some work together one day.
03-07-2013 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #3)

I finished my main character's walk animation today. I was very excited about finishing it.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 12:48 AM by Shatterstar.)
03-09-2013 12:46 AM
gwald Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #4)
hey that's pretty cool!

I can't tell if the animation has limit movements or if it's your rendering at high details?

Just wondering why you have all the details up so high when your machine can't render it fast?

My dell PC has a crappy intel HD chipset, I set the render to simple and I get around 30-60FPS and it's playable.

IMO, you should dev/test/record in low render.

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-09-2013 02:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

I'm just being lazy...lol. Yeah, i know i need to turn down the settings whenever I use Fraps. My computer really isn't that good. I can't wait to buy a new laptop. one that can really handle video games. I am going to make a tutorial, probably within the next month or so that will go into detail on how to get a custom character into esenthel. the pipeline will be makehuman, blender, and esenthel. It will also cover using esenthel to animate, and then placing your character into the world editor. Basically it will cover everything. this tutorial will probably be 30min long, but i believe it will help alot of ppl out.
03-09-2013 05:16 AM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #5)
I changed the color of the grass. i was going to make a blue grass area, but then i changed my mind. the grass is now green. I like it better that way. the update can be seen on the first page. it's next to the last image. I hope you like. smile
03-09-2013 06:35 AM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #5)
I added a dragon today. Thought I would share it.
03-11-2013 06:11 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(03-09-2013 05:16 AM)Shatterstar Wrote:  ... I am going to make a tutorial, probably within the next month or so that will go into detail on how to get a custom character into esenthel. the pipeline will be makehuman, blender, and esenthel. It will also cover using esenthel to animate, and then placing your character into the world editor. Basically it will cover everything. this tutorial will probably be 30min long, but i believe it will help alot of ppl out.
Sounds great, tutorials are always useful. Your level is looking nice by the way, I really like the tree and falling leaves.
03-11-2013 01:23 PM
uNetti Offline

RE: Fate of Lysian (Update #6) Dragon
looks good smile
03-11-2013 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

thanks guys. I haven't been able to do the tutorial yet. I have been on vacation. I'm hopeing that i won't have to do levels. I'm trying to keep this game as open world as possible. I am linking inside of buildings as a seperate world file though. You get a quick load screen and then your in there. I'm finished with the inside of one of the houses, but i haven't made a video of that yet. I'm also willing to help someone on their game, as long as they help me on mine, because I'm the only one trying to make this massive world. It's really hard going at it alone. Also, I notice that ive been getting alot of traffic lately, so i just want to incourage everybody out there to post screen shots, and if you have any problems relating 3d models, textures, and just about anything except for code, then ask...put it out there, and if i don't know the answer, we will learn it together. smile goodbye friends...I'm going to enjoy a few more days of my vacation.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 10:46 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-15-2013 10:26 PM
gdalex Offline

This is really nice from you smile
Enjoy your holidays !
03-15-2013 10:41 PM
Shatterstar Offline

thank you gdalex smile
03-15-2013 10:49 PM
Nito Vermilion Offline

Your game`s basic concept plus the screens and videos I`ve seen so far are really really nice to see and also the progress is quite something ^^.

I hope to see more of it in the future. Keep that work up, it`s really good.
03-26-2013 10:55 PM
Shatterstar Offline

thanks for the incourageing words. Right now, I've had to take a small break. I'm working on coloring and lettering the comic book, "Fate of Lysian." This was a mini series I did last year. But it was done in black and white and the lettering was hand written and not professional looking at all. These comics were self published and sold at a low print run in a couple of comic shops. I'm putting the comic book on kickstarter on Friday. The mini series will be re-released with professional lettering and in full color. I really hope this goes over well so i can quit my regular job and just do comics and video games. The company i want to start will have its own Universe, like Marvel has Marvel Universe and DC has DC Universe. That way if anybody has a Mediveal Fantasy comic or video game that they would like to make, they could easily make it in our universe. They could keep all the rights to their characters and ideas just as long as they kept it within our universe...like a few universe rules...keeping the names of towns and continents the same, etc.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 10:14 AM by Shatterstar.)
03-27-2013 06:07 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Hey ... good luck with the new comic book series and the business ideas. Sounds great! How are you planning on marketing and selling the comics in the future?
03-27-2013 10:55 AM
Shatterstar Offline

Hey Pixel Perfect. Thanks for your interest. For people interested in how I am going to market this online here is an article to read. http://www.tuaw.com/2012/10/11/comixolog...cs-for-th/
03-27-2013 05:53 PM