About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World editor detail creation problem
Pixelverse Offline

World editor detail creation problem
Here are two illustration in the world editor that is really throwing a wrench in my ability to place and manipulate objects and the heightmap while zoomed in. This is causing me to pull my hair out and walk away from creating levels for our project. Please help.

********************************************************************************​*********************

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

********************************************************************************​**********************

My Machine is Dual Quads with 16 gigs of ram and an Nvidia 295 running Vista 64 if you think that is the issue.
05-12-2009 01:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: World editor detail creation problem
Please calm down first.

The mouse cursor to the actual place on the heightmap translation depends on the Y position of the Camera "Look At" Position, toggled by 'Q/A' keys, it should be located on the Ground Level.

precise translation (exact mapping from cursor to heightmap position) would require Ray-Casting for many meshes, which currently I'm not doing because this can be CPU extensive, but it is possible that It'd be adding this as a new feature.
05-12-2009 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply