About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Modeling
darthsauron Offline

Modeling
Hello i'm new with this program and i just started my new game using this GE. I was wondering what program to use for creating items, monsters and characters. I used Maya and Blender but i don't know with this GE what.
02-25-2013 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

RE: Modeling
(02-25-2013 01:32 PM)darthsauron Wrote:  Hello i'm new with this program and i just started my new game using this GE. I was wondering what program to use for creating items, monsters and characters. I used Maya and Blender but i don't know with this GE what.

Acutally you need to read first read then read then read

Making game is a pretty enjoyable process it takes so many levels and split into many sections

let me cover it for you in sections

first section -1 is the game story that's the first before everything

second section 2- is the models because that what makes your environment rich and enjoyable

making models is usually done using 3d creation application like blender,maya

and then textures using photoshop or gimp !

about game engine part

Esenthel will help you with providing the tools to create what you actually took years to do

like it has a level editor for you to make the game making much more easier

so simply The game engine will provide a framework for you then you've got to build on the top of it to reach your target

please take a look and read the engine documentation then download it and play some time with it

enjoy your day smile
02-25-2013 01:41 PM
darthsauron Offline

I know all of that - so in a few words i can use again Maya and Blender for modeling? If yes thanks.
02-25-2013 01:43 PM
Shatterstar Offline

blender, Maya, 3d studio max...it really doesnt matter, just as long as you can export as an, .Obj, .FBX, .Dae There are some more file formats that are supported. They are listed in the Esenthel Wiki webpage. I'm also a modeller, so just private message me if you want and i can help you through the process of getting your model inside the editor. I'm also recruiting for a medieval RPG game, so if your good or if your serious about learning and want to make a Medieval-Fantasy game we could collaborate.
02-25-2013 01:44 PM