About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Anims don't work in world editor unless...
Shatterstar Offline

Anims don't work in world editor unless...
(Using 1.0) When i use the bone names that are listed in the esenthel wiki, the character anims DO NOT work inside the world editor. I've tried naming them in blender before export (.FBX)...and I've tried renaming them inside the model editor. These bone names that are in your wiki do not work with your world editor. I'm thinking that .FBX exported to .skel file format is broken. When I do leave the names to the blender default names, my animations work just fine inside your world editor. This causes a problem though. My programmer's head is going to explode because of all the changes he's having to make. He has a high tolerance to pain and he has super human healing powers so I'm sure he will live, but i think you should look into this problem. Thanks.
03-10-2013 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Anims don't work in world editor unless...
Skeleton Bone names should have the same names as in Animation.
So if you have one set for Animation, then keep the same for Skeleton.
03-10-2013 11:49 PM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Anims don't work in world editor unless...
I see...I'm sure knowing me, I accidentally looked over this. Is there some kind of way to make it automatically change the bone name? like if you rename it in skel mode, it changes it in anim...or vice versa. Is there a way to add that in future builds? I know what to do because i was too stubborn to give up, but i could see how this could be a problem for other people who might make the same mistake. Also, thank you for explaining that to me. It was a big help. smile
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 02:19 AM by Shatterstar.)
03-11-2013 02:18 AM