About Store Forum Documentation Contact

ios app doesn't run from code editor on mac
yvanvds Offline

ios app doesn't run from code editor on mac
Hey.

I am just experimenting with the mac/ios SDK. It's a brand new mac, so outdated software is probably not an issue here.

When I compile for mac, the tutorial projects run just fine. But when I try compiling them for iOS, the compiling/linking is ok (ending with BUILD SUCCEEDED) but the app just doesn't start. Not on the simulator, not on my iPad.

When I open the project in xCode, I can get it to work if i choose release mode instead of debug mode, but only in the simulator.

I have a registered developers account with apple, and I did test running a 'normal' app on my iPad, so no problem there either. Registering an ee app to my device (with the organizer) won't work though.

Of course i am very new with apple development, so I might have made some simple mistakes. The questions I need answers to are:

1. Can I run iOS apps from the code editor on the iOS simulator? If so, are there any special settings involved?

2. Can I run iOS apps from the code editor on a real device? If so, what did i miss?

3. Is it normal that i can't run the app in debug mode?

4. What about running on a real device from xCode? Did anyone try that out?

Regards,

yvan
04-20-2013 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmontiel Offline

RE: ios app doesn't run from code editor on mac
3) No, it isn't normal. I can run my app in debug, release and for real device or simulator. I think I am using EE build 19.

4) I tried yesteday.

When you build the app, check the architecture (armv7 and armv7s) and be sure that you sign the application with your developer provisioning profile.

Have you updated xCode to the last version?

IRC: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #Esenthel
04-20-2013 03:01 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: ios app doesn't run from code editor on mac
Hello!

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any command line commands to manually execute an app on simulator/device (if someone knows then please tell me).

Therefore on Code Editor you can compile iOS apps, but if you want to execute them. Just hit F8 to open it from Xcode, and there press Play.

4) Yeah I've made some games with it (like Esenthel RTS on iOS, available on App Store, it was first made with EE 1.0 Code Editor, and recently was moved to EE 2.0 Code Editor)

3) Yes, please check for xcode updates, that you have developer provisioning profile set in the project settings. And if still won't work, please attach steps that you're making, and any messages that you're getting.

Thanks
04-22-2013 10:16 AM