About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Making lightning on the cloud
dylantan Offline

Making lightning on the cloud
Hi good ppl

Just wondering how could we include lightning on the cloud (not to the ground ones). By this I mean some lightning effects that will occur behind the cloud. Similar to the picture below

I think this is quite useful to have. Saw this on a couple of games, and I thought this might be a cool and good stuff to have on the game. What I wanted isnt as ellaborate as the one in the image but rather how can we have customs lights behind the cloud, like how the sun/moon is behind the cloud in EE.

Appreciate any tips and idea on this. Thanks in advance
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 03:54 PM by dylantan.)
04-27-2013 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Making lightning on the cloud
Just a wild guess, I didn't try it.... couldn't you simulate that by drawing a bright sun behind the clouds there for half a second then remove it? If the clouds are thick enough (they should be, if it's a storm) no one should notice it's a fake grin
04-27-2013 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

(04-27-2013 03:54 PM)andreim44 Wrote:  Just a wild guess, I didn't try it.... couldn't you simulate that by drawing a bright sun behind the clouds there for half a second then remove it? If the clouds are thick enough (they should be, if it's a storm) no one should notice it's a fake grin

Hi Andreim. Thanks for the reply. I dont think that would work. Wondering how we could get a light to be appear on the back of the cloud, if can find that technique, then most probably the effects can be done.
04-27-2013 04:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

I still insist with my sun idea.
You know the sun doesn't have to be round. Get a forked white lightning photo and use it as the sun. If it is behind the clouds, you'll get that effect. To make it more convincing, have a low ambientLight and suddenly increase it when the lighting strikes.
04-27-2013 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply