About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Made a new Model
Shatterstar Offline

Made a new Model
I made a new model today. A tree stump with an axe in it. I had seen a similar model on a free model site once, so I kept it in the back of my mind and I tried to make a better one than them. this is what I ended up with. smile I'm happy with it.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

06-07-2013 12:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Made a new Model
It looks a bit too clean, and doesn't really "flow" with the ground. You could try distorting the top of the stump a bit more to be irregular around the edges, and apply a detail map around the bottom with dirt or grass, depending on the ground, which will make it blend in better with the environment.
06-07-2013 12:59 AM
Shatterstar Offline

this is not the actual game level. this is just a test scene for models. It is a small scene, that I made quickly to test my models in. There is no way I would waste my time putting those kinds of details on something that I'm not going to keep. smile As for the stump maybe not looking good enough, I appreciate your opinion, though I doubt I will change it. wink
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 01:48 AM by Shatterstar.)
06-07-2013 01:46 AM
Dalmat Offline

it is looking great
06-07-2013 07:18 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Whilst it does look a bit clean that's still a really nice model. If I had another life I'd love to try my hand at modelling. Great work!
06-07-2013 08:07 AM
gdalex Offline

Nice one, I'll have to do it for my game too smile
I think the limit bark / inside the trunk is too precise ! You have to make it rough / botched. It probably had been cut with an axe with several numbers of hits smile
Only modern saws can cut that clean
06-07-2013 09:17 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Looks good wink

(06-07-2013 09:17 AM)gdalex Wrote:  Nice one, I'll have to do it for my game too smile
I think the limit bark / inside the trunk is too precise ! You have to make it rough / botched. It probably had been cut with an axe with several numbers of hits smile
Only modern saws can cut that clean

Also the bark thickness is 0. Even with a modern saw you would have an edge of bark all the way around... not that most people would even notice.
06-07-2013 01:18 PM
Shatterstar Offline

I love the feedback that I get from you guys. thank you and keep it up! smile If I have time, I will try to make this model look even better. right now, I have to move on to something bigger. For those of you following my work, you probably already know what that is. It's that big freakin' Abbey that I have been putting off. Again, thanks guys, and I'll try to rough it up a bit before I publish the game.
06-07-2013 05:51 PM
ralvarez Offline

it's great, congratulations

undefined
07-19-2013 09:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply