About Store Forum Documentation Contact

LineWalk I
yvanvds Offline

LineWalk I
Hello everyone!

I've just finished a little mobile app with esenthel and you're welcome to test it if you want.

My description for the playstore:

LineWalk is an interactive mobile music experience. The idea is to interact with it by walking around. This first release includes a piece of music that lasts for about 7 to 12 minutes. It is my intention to create more linewalks later, every time learning from previous experiences and adding more exciting ideas.

While your exact position is not important, GPS location services are used to track your movement. A large area is not needed to try LineWalk. As long as you have a long space of about 40 metres which you can walk up and down, you're good. (This should be great when you're waiting for a bus or train!)

To avoid all confusion:
- This is a single piece of music, not software you can use with your existing music collection.
- GPS is really needed. The app will not work with network location services. (This means it is unlikely to work on a tablet, unless you can also make phonecalls with it.)
- Wide open spaces have the best GPS reception. If in doubt, open up Google Maps and see how well it works. If it has trouble updating your position smootly all the time, LineWalk cannot do a better job. You should move to another location and try again.

I have made the beta available on testflight. You can subscribe for it here: http://tflig.ht/177XsQM (Be patient after subscribing, I have to link you to the build manually.)

It's only android for now. I hope to get and iOS version ready tomorrow (a bit more complicated with the test licensing stuff).

Regards,

yvan

Edit:

The app is now available on for both Android and iOS:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....linewalkI
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/linewalk...04884?mt=8
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 09:35 PM by yvanvds.)
07-27-2013 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

RE: LineWalk I
Ok, the iOS version is also available now. And I can REALLY use a few testers with an iPhone :-)
07-28-2013 04:30 PM
Dalmat Offline

i hate iphone smile i will test android one.. registered, and armed with patience
07-31-2013 04:04 PM
Ozmodian Offline

I have an iPhone 5 and would be happy to test. I don't see it in the store though. I do have testflight.
07-31-2013 04:27 PM
yvanvds Offline

Ah well, it seems you'll have to wait a bit longer for the iPhone version. After the big break in on the apple developer site, two weeks ago, the site is still not completely operational. So I cannot add your phone ID to the allowed testers.

But you can sign in with the link I provided. If you register your device to my my team from within testflight, i can see your ID and add it to the certificate when the service comes online again.

@ Dalmat: I've added you to the android profile. You should be able to install if you open testflight. I hope you don't have a Samsung Galaxy SIII, because we already noticed there's a problem on the esenthel side with that. (And "Support is temporarily unavailable due to vacation'" :-)
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 06:57 PM by yvanvds.)
07-31-2013 06:53 PM
Dalmat Offline

im on one x, so no problems there..
07-31-2013 07:01 PM
yvanvds Offline

I'm happy to announce that LineWalk 1 is available in the playstore now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....linewalkI

regards,

yvan
09-29-2013 01:10 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Nice one ... congratulations!
09-29-2013 02:47 PM
SamerK Offline

Congratulations yvanvds, is there any gameplay video available for it?

I hope the SIII issue get fixed soon.
09-29-2013 03:07 PM
yvanvds Offline

It's not really a game. It's just an interactive piece of music. I won't do a gameplay video because the interaction (the fact that you have to walk around while listening to the music) is such an important part of the whole idea that watching a gameplay video might make people jump to the wrong conclusion.
09-29-2013 03:15 PM
SamerK Offline

Your app have very interesting concept and innovative idea ... then what about (if possible) to place a time limited demo. or maybe video that show a live experience of someone using it (just a thought). I think this would increase users appeal to get the app.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 03:49 PM by SamerK.)
09-29-2013 03:47 PM
yvanvds Offline

the video of someone using it is a great idea! I don't know if i'll have time for that very soon, but still.

My plan was to make the first linewalk free as soon as the second or third comes out. A time limited version might also work. I'll have to find some time to think it over.

Thanks!
09-29-2013 04:35 PM