About Store Forum Documentation Contact

BUTTON_IMMEDIATE
MrPi Offline

BUTTON_IMMEDIATE
The BUTTON_IMMEDIATE mode for buttons is not really useful. The callback is repeatedly executed as long as the mouse is down or the finger touches the screen.

I was looking for a setting to improve button responsiveness on mobile devices. With the standard mode, button touches are very often not recognized.
01-28-2014 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: BUTTON_IMMEDIATE
(01-28-2014 04:37 PM)MrPi Wrote:  With the standard mode, button touches are very often not recognized.
I'm not experiencing any issues with activating buttons in default mode using touches, please provide more info and/or sample project.

I'll adjust comments for button modes to make the description better
01-31-2014 12:29 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Perhaps you're making buttons too small? So the finger touch is actually outside of the button rectangle?
01-31-2014 12:37 AM
MrPi Offline

We use image buttons only. Sometimes you can see the button go down, but not executing the callback. This happens more often with smaller buttons.
It seems that there is a timing setting within the engine before a touch is considered as such.

(01-31-2014 12:37 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Perhaps you're making buttons too small? So the finger touch is actually outside of the button rectangle?

I have considered that. But sometimes you can see the button go down, but just not executing the callback.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 12:38 AM by MrPi.)
01-31-2014 12:37 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(01-31-2014 12:37 AM)MrPi Wrote:  It seems that there is a timing setting within the engine before a touch is considered as such.
There is no timer for that.
This may happen if while holding the touch, you move the finger outside of the button rectangle, and then release the finger touch.
The callback will not get called because touch release was outside of the button rect.

My recommendation is to make buttons bigger for more comfortable user experience.
01-31-2014 12:43 AM
MrPi Offline

That's why I was hoping that the immediate mode would be better suited for this. How about another mode that executes the callback right on "down", but just once until either the "up" state is reached or there is no more touch?
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 12:48 AM by MrPi.)
01-31-2014 12:47 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Will be available in next release.
01-31-2014 01:07 AM
MrPi Offline

Great. Thanks. wink
01-31-2014 01:08 AM