About Store Forum Documentation Contact

maaslandroute: historical bike trip with esenthel
yvanvds Offline

maaslandroute: historical bike trip with esenthel
Hey.

Just to let you know, I've completed another little app for a historical/cultural organisation in Belgium. It's not that it will be much use to most of you, but it's yet another kind of app you can easily create with Esenthel.

If you care to check it out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...aslandbeta

This is a 'beta' version for the press release next Saturday. After that the app will be transferred to the account of the organisation that ordered it. So be quick to check it out! (A free app cannot be set to paying afterwards, so we created the one for the press release on my own account.)

The idea is that people really have to go to the right location to use it. So when you start it you will get the message that you're not on the right location. For demo purposes i have included a little 'cheat': if you touch the lower right corner of the screen very fast for about 2 seconds (6 times within 2 seconds would do it) you 'unlock' the gps mode.

After that, you can drag the map around and pinch to zoom in and out. The green cursor in the middle is where you should be when you actually used in on location. And if you're within a green circle, you can listen to a sound recording that is linked to that location.

All text is in Dutch, but I hope you'll still get the general idea of what it's about.

Cheers,

yvan
04-24-2014 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: maaslandroute: historical bike trip with esenthel
You make some really interesting apps yvanvds. Unfortunately I wont be able to try this one as our only android device is away with my son at the moment.

Is this a location guide/info type application then for visitors?
04-24-2014 11:18 PM
yvanvds Offline

I just found that there's already an english page about the app:

http://www.klankatlas.eu/en/routes/klankroutemaasland/

That might give you more information about it.

The goal of the organization i've created it for is more or less about 'creating engaging musical activities'. They are organizing courses for music educators, writing books about new ways to improvize on the keyboard, doing concerts with renaissance music, and now creating an app that combines light historical facts with contemporary music played on that location. I think it's rather cool, yes smile
04-24-2014 11:28 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Ha .. that is really cool! Thanks for the link. Every place should have one of these, what a great idea smile
04-24-2014 11:40 PM
TheElk Offline

I would love to try but I don"t have these kind of gadgets....

Thanks for sharing!!!!! wink

TheElk
04-24-2014 11:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply