About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
289$/mo

Undo and Redo
candam Offline

RE: Undo and Redo
(06-15-2014 11:58 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  I wouldn't say the absence of an undo facility in the level editor is that critical. Sure it would be nice to have it but as others have already pointed out you can live without it.

For anything other than direct terrain editing then I wouldn't say it's essential at all ... and even then, performing regular backups can prevent complete showstopper type incidents!

Other aspects of the engine and editor are far more important in my opinion and I wouldn't throw those away just for the lack of an undo option.

It is of course your money, your decision and entirely your choice as to which features are important to you. There are no perfect engines out there so we are all forced to compromise in one way or another. Most of us eventually find something we are happy to settle with.

I wish you luck.

I totally agree with you but the problem is Roadmap progress seems to be very close to zero since many months no features has been changed
06-15-2014 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

@candam, let's be fair to say that there *is* progress, but not always what's in the roadmap, or what's been there long. I think it's fair to say the easier items that are put on the roadmap are the ones that get done first, and the bigger items (long cycles, takes more time, etc) are the ones that are left in the roadmap. I think the issue I identify is that since there is a cycle of feature item requests from users (including Esenthel himself) that are easier to do, those get done first, and hardly not get any time to work on the bigger, harder items, some of which, as some of you pointed out, have been in the roadmap for a long time. I can vouch for that statement since I can identify numerous items that are still there since I joined. Still a great engine, overall. And if you are a cunning developer, you can do wonders with this platform.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014 01:27 PM by aceio76.)
06-15-2014 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

(06-15-2014 01:27 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  @candam, let's be fair to say that there *is* progress, but not always what's in the roadmap, or what's been there long. I think it's fair to say the easier items that are put on the roadmap are the ones that get done first, and the bigger items (long cycles, takes more time, etc) are the ones that are left in the roadmap. I think the issue I identify is that since there is a cycle of feature item requests from users (including Esenthel himself) that are easier to do, those get done first, and hardly not get any time to work on the bigger, harder items, some of which, as some of you pointed out, have been in the roadmap for a long time. I can vouch for that statement since I can identify numerous items that are still there since I joined. Still a great engine, overall. And if you are a cunning developer, you can do wonders with this platform.

Of course I love Esenthel but I just find that roadmap is not progressing I hope it could get better anyway smile
06-15-2014 04:42 PM
innersanctumgm Offline

Finally! Undo has been announced! This is a huge step in the right direction!

:-)
06-29-2014 11:59 AM